Introducing students to different methods for sampling and analysing bioaerosols and why this is important. The objectives are grouped according to Key Stages in the UK National Curriculum and are also internationally relevant.
KEY STAGES 3-4 (AGE 11-16)
Students will be able to:
• Understand the importance of bioaerosol quantification
• Understand the importance of and need for bioaerosol monitoring
• Explain the factors influencing the nature of bioaerosols
• Identify different sampling and analysis approaches to characterize and quantify bioaerosols
• Recognise the advantages and disadvantages of different sampling methods
• Understand key factors for planning a monitoring strategy to investigate bioaerosols in an environment
Teacher Resource sheet
PPT presentation: Why do we need to carry out bioaerosol sampling ?